- QWhen did UnumProvident begin trading as Unum Group?
- AUnumProvident shares began trading under the name Unum Group on March 2, 2007.
- QWhere is Unum Group 's common stock listed?
- AOur common stock is listed on NYSE under the symbol UNM.
For more detailed stock information, please visit our Stock Quote page.
- QDo I need to exchange my shares for Unum Group shares?
- ANo. Unum Group shares continue to trade under the symbol UNM and the cusip number related to the shares remains the same.
- QWhen did Unum Corporation and Provident Companies, Inc. merge?
- AThe merger closed on June 30, 1999.
- QIf I owned stock in Unum Corporation prior to the merger, do I need to turn in my stock certificates for new certificates in Unum Group?
- ANo. Since the exchange ratio for Unum Corporation shareholders was one for one, you do not need to exchange your shares. Your stock certificates are negotiable as is.
- QIf I owned Provident shares prior to the merger, do I need to turn in my stock certificates for new certificates in Unum Group?
- AYes. Provident stockholders need to exchange their common stock for certificates representing ownership in UnumProvident. The conversion ratio for the exchange is based on the ratio set at the time of the merger of Unum Corporation and Provident Companies. UnumProvident shares acquired or held are then subject to a one-for-one conversion to Unum Group shares. If you have any questions about this process, please call 1-800-718-8824 or 423-294-1661.
- QWho is your Transfer Agent?
- AComputershare Trust Company
P.O. Box 505000
Louisville, KY 40233
All shareholder correspondence and processing of stock transfers mailed via U.S. Mail to Computershare should go to the Providence, Rhode Island address.
Any correspondence sent via private courier (Federal Express, etc.) should be sent to:
Computershare Trust Company, N. A.
250 Royall Street
Canton, MA 02021
- QHow do I:
•Enroll in Unum Group's Dividend Reinvestment Plan?
•Change the name or address on my stock certificates?
•Transfer my Unum Group stock to someone else?
- AContact Computershare at 1-800-446-2617. As soon as you access the automated greeting system, you will be asked to enter your social security number or your account number so please have it ready. You can also call 1-800-718-8824 or 423-294-1661.
- QIf I have lost my stock certificate, how can I get it replaced?
- AContact Computershare at 1-800-446-2617. As soon as you access the automated greeting system, you will be asked to enter your social security number or your account number so please have it ready. The appropriate paperwork will be forwarded to you. There is a fee charged for this transaction. You can also call 1-800-718-8824 or 423-294-1661.
- QWhere is the Investor Relations Department of Unum Group located?
- AThe mailing address is:
Investor Relations Department
One Fountain Square
Chattanooga, TN 37402.
The phone number is: 423-294-1083.
- QHow can I request additional information from Unum Group ?
- AYou can contact us via our Information Request page.
- QHow can I receive Email alerts from Unum Group ?
- ATo sign up for Email alerts on our Events, Documents, Press Releases and closing stock price information click here to visit our Email Notification page.